Back to Work, $20 000 Incentive for Employers
Great news for Queensland employers, the State Government has expanded the Youth Boost and Back to Work programs to include South East QLD from 1st July 2017.
Financial support of up to $20 000 per employee is now available for eligible employers to promote the employment of young people. If your business employs a new staff member, who meet the eligibility criteria, upon successful assessment the $20 000 incentive is paid to you in three installments over a 12 month period.
Key Points regarding Back to Work, $20 000 Employer Incentive:
- Available from 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018 (or until allocated funding is exhausted)
- Applies for eligible new employees between 15 to 24 years of age
- Employee must be previously unemployed for a minimum of 4 weeks before the date of commencement
- This incentive is capped at 5 employees per company
Please note, if you are seeking to indenture this new employee as an Apprentice or Trainee see below additional eligibility criteria:
- Employer, must not be eligible to claim Queensland’s Apprentice Trainee Rebate for payroll tax
Examples of employees this funding could be applied to includes:
- Junior Tradespersons
- Trades Assistant’s
- Administration Staff
- Apprentices and Trainees
This is a fantastic reward for employers supporting young people and creating opportunities for them to actively contribute to the workforce.