Our client is a medium sized electrical contracting company, specialising in commercial electrical and telecommunications services to customers for over 30 years.
Based from their office in Morningside, there is a new permanent career opportunity for an Electrical Estimator to join the business. You can expect to join a company and team who highly value, train and reward their employees for their ongoing commitment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this opportunity will see you responsible for commercial fitout, commercial construction and high end residential across Brisbane. The business works closely with a range of builders, delivering office fit outs, restaurants, and bars.
The business offers a competitive edge in the sector, with the capability to deliver electrical, security, access control and dry fire packages. This position is best suited to an Estimator who enjoys building and nurturing client relationships, negotiations and a passion for the industry.
This opportunity will see you specialise in the tendering of commercial and construction projects across SE QLD. Including the following responsibilities:
- Analysing drawings, plans and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Compile tender submissions systematically, in alignment with company processes.
- Submit quotes on commercial projects up to the value of $1M.
- Identify creative solutions to client requirements that may involve degree of competitive differentiation and innovation.
- Attend site inspections, actively participate in meetings, build and maintain strong relationships with company clients, industry suppliers and subcontractors
- Confidently negotiate with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain the company systems and tendering processes, work toward strict deadlines and achieve targets while upholding a high standard of delivery
- Assisting with the development and update of company Policies and Procedures, and continuous improvement strategies.
This is a key role within the business where your contributions to the organisation’s success will be highly valued and rewarded. The successful candidate can expect to enjoy the following benefits and working conditions:
- Permanent, full time career opportunity with a well-regarded company.
- A competitive annual salary package.
- Future growth opportunities within an expanding company who encourage career advancement.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and experience in project tendering
Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Electrical Estimator who is career focused and excited to grow in the industry. You will also demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Electrical Trade Qualifications or similar
- Previous exposure / experience within Electrical Project Estimating
- Sound communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of electrical industry and safety standards.
- Experience using Microsoft Office package will be highly regarded
The important qualities for this role include having a positive attitude, a strong interest for learning and further developing your knowledge within the Electrical Industry.
To register your interest please Apply Now using the prompts.