07 Feb Project Manager
Our client is a well-established electrical contractor specialising in commercial projects and service across Brisbane for over 30 years.
This well-regarded business provides electrical lighting, power and telecommunications services to the commercial sector, specialising in both construction projects and services/maintenance. The dedicated team pride themselves on providing customers with expert advice and professional customer service, with a key focus on safety and seamless project delivery.
Based in Brisbane’s south-western suburbs, this organisation engages with a diverse client base, including Tier 2 builders, facilities managers, retail providers, private and public customers.
This is a new permanent career opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the business. Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will work closely with a tight knit team to successfully deliver medium sized commercial and light industrial projects.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Project management from concept to completion of projects up to $5 million in value
- Maintain a clear and precise project plan showing key deliverables and milestones.
- Ensure projects are proactively managed, executed according to the project plan, schedule and budget.
- Effective management of resources including close monitoring of material and labour allowances.
- Participate in the tender process including design, submission and review.
- Accurate preparation of monthly progress claims, identify cost saving initiatives and alternatives to maximise profitability.
- Coordinate and attend project meetings, building relationships with clients, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
Our client provides their team with an enjoyable, professional working environment where employees are encouraged to learn new skills and further their career. You will enjoy exceptional working conditions and a competitive remuneration package.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager who is career focused and interested in playing a critical part in the growth and development of our client. Key skills and attributes required for the role:
- Previous experience delivering medium sized commercial construction projects including management of the five phases of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close)
- Ability to lead a team to delivery successful project outcomes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Promote a safety-first working environment and uphold company standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask to meet rapidly changing requirements and deadlines.
- Confidence to communicate with clients and staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
If this position falls within your skills and expertise, please hit the Apply now button.
Enquiries can be directed to Add Staff 1300 365 606.